Thursday, October 9, 2008

Previously Published

Oh, looks like I haven't posted this one:


This is one that actually did get published in The Daily Universe, in March 2008. When I was desperately looking for a job, I made an attempt at becoming a permanent cartoonist for BYU's newspaper. Unfortunately, I was handled rather unprofessionally. I wasn't just not hired, I was not communicated with. I dropped off a folder of cartoons, and never heard from them again. The only reason I even knew I was published was because my friend Andrew Thacker happened to notice my artwork in The Daily Universe one morning. A little while after that Charlotte Carter (now Myers), another friend and a former Daily Universe employee, returned the folder of cartoons. The guy in charge of the editorial page never even called me. For all I know he never existed.

But, this semester I see the staff has changed and there's someone new manning (or, should I say, womanning) the editorial page. We'll see if I can get a reaction.

No comments: