Tuesday, July 8, 2008

The "Campaign Fever" Edition

So I finally figured out that if I scan my sketchbook as .jpeg instead of .pdf, I actually know how to edit it. Here come some sketches from way back in the day that I was applying for the animation program the first time. I like the swoopy lines, angles, and foreshortening of the arm he's using to drape himself. This was practice for a political cartoon for The Daily Universe. I had been gone for two years, so I had a lot of political catching up to do. You can tell how old this is because Rudy Giuliani is still in the running.

Speaking of political campaigns... This is the dynamic duo of Chayse and McKell Myers. Chayse is a friend from the mission in Argentina, and was also my roommate during winter semester. He ran for BYUSA president with his sister McKell as his running mate. The campaign didn't last for more than one election day, but it was still fun while it lasted. These are the guys I home taught at University Villa. And this guy was in the elder's quorum presidency.A couple people sitting near me one day in the front foyer of the Joseph Smith Building. The guy wasn't really that angry...but he did have red hair. And you all know what that means...Every Jamba Juice employee.If I remember correctly, these were people on the lawn between the HFAC and the Wilkinson Center one fine almost-spring day.I'm not sure where this came from. It's a lot like me on mail day during my mission. Except I never had a sofa. And I always wore shoes. And I wasn't a girl.

No comments: